Being a popular and efficient email service for meeting both professional as well as personal communication needs, Yahoo Mail is without any doubt, a top-choice of millions of individuals out there. So, considering the same, if you’re also having a Yahoo account for meeting your electronic communication needs then, maintaining its safety is your utmost responsibility.
However, despite that, if you suspect that your Yahoo account got hacked. Then, let us tell you that recovering your hacked Yahoo Mail account is not that much difficult. You can easily recover your hacked Yahoo account by resetting its password with the help of the following methods—
|Yahoo Password Recovery Tool/Methods|
|Method 1||Registered Phone Number||In this method, an OTP or 8-character code will be sent to you on your provided ‘Registered phone number.’|
|Method 2||Alternate/Secondary Email Address||In this method, a password recovery link or 8-character code will be sent to you on your provided ‘Alternate/secondary email address.’|
|Method 3||Security Questions||In this method, if you don’t have access to your phone and alternate email address; you can answer some security questions.|
Unfortunately, out of the above-mentioned three methods, Yahoo no longer uses the “Security Questions” method as a recovery option. So, despite that you’ve registered secret questions during your Yahoo account creation process; you will no longer be offered to use them to recover your account. In simpler words, you cannot recover your Yahoo password using your secret questions. But you can for sure recover the Yahoo password without security questions.]
Now, after knowing the possibly available methods for resetting Yahoo Mail password, let’s further enlighten yourself. About how you can use these password reset methods. To recover your Yahoo Mail account password on both ‘Desktop/Mobile Web Browser’ and ‘Yahoo Mobile (android and iPhone) App:’
How to Reset Yahoo Password on a Desktop or Mobile (Android and iPhone) Web Browser?
- On your device, launch your preferred web browser.
- From the same, navigate to the ‘Yahoo Account Sign-in Page’ using “www.mail.yahoo.com” link.
- There, enter the ‘Username’ of your Yahoo Mail account and hit the ‘Next’ button.
- On the new page, prove that ‘You’re not a robot’ by tick-marking the same checkbox.
- Then, hit the ‘Continue’ button and just click on the ‘Forgot Password?’ link.
- The link will direct you onto the ‘Sign-in Helper Page’. However, if you’re wondering from where do I find the Yahoo Sign-in Helper page directly then, use this link. “https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/username?src=noSrc&authMechanism=secondary&done=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2F&sessionIndex=QQ–” to skip the above 5 steps.
- There, you’ve to tell about one of the following to let the Yahoo server start the account recovery process:
- “Sign-in email address or mobile number” –[using this means, you can recover Yahoo password without using the alternate email address and phone number]
- “Recovery phone number” –[using this means, you can recover Yahoo password without recovery email]
- “Recovery/alternate email address” –[using this means, you can recover Yahoo password without phone number]
- There, in the blank text-field, either enter one of your Yahoo account associated or your recovery associated email address/ phone number. [Note: Enter the one you’ve access to.]
- After entering the same, click on the ‘Continue’ button and then, on the “Yes, Send Me A Verification Code” option.
- However, if you don’t have access to the phone number or email address that you’ve provided then, click the “I Don’t Have Access To This Phone or Email” option.
- Now, you’ll receive a message “Uh-oh looks like we can’t recover your account online.” So, in order to try again with a different possible email or phone number, click on the option of ‘Start Over.’
- And, after entering the new email or phone number as your recovery option, click on the ‘Submit’ button to let Yahoo send you a code on the same recovery option.
- Once you receive the 8-character code either via text or via email, enter the same into the text-field provided on the ‘Verify’ page and then, hit the ‘Verify’ button.
- Now, despite that you can automatically sign-in to your Yahoo Mail account as you click on the ‘Continue’ button; you’ve to create a new password for your Yahoo Mail account to secure it.
And, to go ahead, click on the ‘Create a New Password’ button instead.
- In continuation, you may further need to enter a ‘Recaptcha to prove that you’re human and once you do, hit the ‘Continue’ button.
- And, in the end, type a strong password for your Yahoo Mail account twice and lastly hit the ‘Continue’ button. That’s it!
Now, log-in to your Yahoo account with your new password to finally recover your hacked Yahoo account.
How to Reset Yahoo Password on Yahoo Mobile (Android and iPhone) App?
- Firstly, tap on the ‘Apps’ menu icon.
- Then, locate the ‘Yahoo Mail app,’ to launch the same by tapping on it.
- Next, you’ve to tap on the ‘Have a Yahoo Account’ link from the bottom of the screen (in case of Android). Or, tap on ‘Sign in with Yahoo’ link (in case of iPhone).
- After that, on the ‘Sign-in’ screen, enter your Yahoo account’s ‘Username’ and tap on the ‘Trouble signing in’ link (in case of Android). Or, hit the ‘Next’ button and tap on the ‘Forgotten Password’ link (in case of iPhone).
- In doing so, the ‘Account Recovery’ screen will open up in front of you and you’ve to enter your recovery phone number or email address in the given text field. However, if your Yahoo account recovery information is incorrect or has been changed. You can also enter the email address of your Yahoo Mail account for which you’re resetting the password.
- And, once you’re done entering the same, tap on the ‘Continue’ button from the middle of the screen.
- Now, you’ll be taken to the next screen of the partially revealed phone number or email address that you’ve provided just before.
- There, tap on the ‘Yes, text me an account key’ in case if you’ve provided a phone number. Otherwise, tap on ‘Yes, send me an account key,’ in case you’ve entered an email address.
- Now, retrieve the received account key from a text message or email (basically depending on whether you’ve provided a phone number or an email address).
- Once you get the 8-character code, paste the same into the text box which is in the middle of the ‘Verify’ page.
- In continuation, tap on the ‘Verify’ button. Now, if the code that you’ve entered, matches the one that Yahoo sent to you then, you’ll be taken to the next screen.
- There, tap on the ‘Create a New Password’ option to type and re-type a new password into the “New password” and “Confirm password” text boxes resp.
- In the end, tap on the ‘Continue’ button to return to the ‘Sign-in’ screen for recovering your hacked Yahoo account using the newly changed password.
[Note: You can use the above-mentioned steps also in scenarios when you no longer remember your Yahoo Mail account password. To be precise, you can recover the Yahoo forgot password by resetting it using the same above steps as it is.]
So, no matter whether you’ve forgotten your Yahoo password or someone has hacked your account and changed its password. This is how in a well-defined manner you can reset the password of your Yahoo Mail account and regain access to the same.
But, that’s not enough! Considering the recommendation of many security professionals and keeping in mind the incidents of cyber hacks. And data breaches that had occurred with the Yahoo Mail service in the past few years. More important that you change your account’s password at a regular time interval of either 30, 60, or 90 days.