For all those who aim for these three objectives: lose fat, conserve muscle and remain efficient, Véronique Rousseau *, world champion in judo and sports dietician at the National Institute of Sport and Physical Education (INSEP ), offers a slow but lasting loss program. Which allows you to stay at the maximum of these skills.
Loss of 2 kg per month
This slow weight loss has the advantage of providing the starting point for a long-term change in eating habits, which are so difficult to change once firmly established in our behaviors.
In theory, it is recommended to reduce your basic intake of 500 kilocalories to lose about 1kg in 15 days.
To put on the menus every day!
- 3 portions of fresh fruit, varying them as much as possible.
- 3 semi-skimmed dairy products (plain yogurt, 20% fat cottage cheese, etc.).
- At least one crudity, to vary as much as possible.
- Vegetables cooked at will for lunch and dinner.
- 3 servings of starchy foods (1 after three meals).
On the plate, ¾ vegetables and ¼ starches on non-training days or 2/3 vegetables and 1/3 starches on training days.
- 2 portions of 60 g to 140 g of meat or fish less than 6% fat (1 at lunch and 1 at dinner) to arrive at 1.2 to 2 g of protein per kilo per day.
- 2 tablespoons or 4 teaspoons of rapeseed oil.
- Unlimited water throughout the day.
The 3 main meals can be divided into 5 doses: breakfast, lunch, dinner, and 2 snacks, the latter to be programmed before or after training. Respectively to avoid loss of energy and to recharge after exercise.
Don’t starve yourself.
Treat yourself to a few pleasurable foods during the week (cold meats, cheese, fruit juice, sour cream, etc.), which can be offset at the next meal or the next day. Sample meal
1 to 2 glasses of water when you wake up
Breakfast for fat loss
- drink: water, tea …
- 1 milk (1 plain yogurt or 100 g of 20% MF cottage cheese or 1 bowl of semi-skimmed milk).
- the portion of fruit (250 g of strawberries or ½ melon or 2 medium kiwis or 5 plums or 1 orange…).
- 1 portion of complex sugar depending on the activity (2 to 3 slices of wholemeal bread with a knob of butter or 1 to 2 tablespoons of jam or honey.
Based on fresh fruit, dairy products, etc., to be adapted according to activity and other meals and snacks.
Lunch for fat loss
- 1 raw vegetable (tomatoes, cucumbers, green salad, artichokes, endives, radishes, beets…) and/or 1 fresh fruit (1/2 grapefruit, 1 mango, 4 to 5 apricots, 2 small peaches…).
- 1 portion of 100 g white meat or red meat less than 6% fat or fish less than 6% fat or 1 to 2 eggs (at a rate of 4 per week maximum). Twice a week, allow yourself a serving of fatty fish for omega-3s (sardines, salmon, tuna, etc.).
- 1 plate of vegetables and starches:
- The days without training: 3/4 of vegetables + 1/4 of starches or ¼ of the whole baguette.
- On training days: 2/3 vegetables + 1/3 starches or 3 slices of wholemeal bread (-100 g) or 1/3 of a whole baguette.
1 semi-skimmed milk (1 natural yogurt or 100 g of fromage blanc at 20% MG or 2 Petits-Suisses at 20% MG.
Based on fresh fruit, dairy products, etc., to be adapted according to activity and other meals and snack
Having dinner for fat loss
Vegetables at will.
- 1 serving of white or red meat or 1 to 2 eggs (4 per week maximum).
- ¼ or 1/3 of a plate of starches or 1/4 to 1/3 of a whole baguette or 2 to 3 slices of wholemeal bread (- 100 g) to adapt.
- 1 semi-skimmed milk (1 natural yogurt or 100 g of Fromage blanc at 20% MG or 2 Petits-Suisses at 20% MG.
- 1 portion of fresh fruit.
Véronique ROUSSEAU is a sports dietician at INSEP (National Institute of Sport and Physical Education). It determines and ensures the dietary program of high-level athletes on a daily basis. She has followed, among others, the professional teams of Paris Saint-Germain (football) and Stade Français (rugby). A lecturer in the university sports nutrition diploma. She is a sports teacher and has had an international career in judo (university world champion).